Advent of Empire
Clone Trooper ARC Armor
Republic Clone Trooper Armor Phase II/ ARC (Advanced Recon Commando)
Cost: 11,000 (not available for sale)
Type: Medium, Powered
Damage Reduction: 5
Max Dex Bonus: 3
Armor Check Penalty: -2
Speed: Reduced by 2m
Provides the following benefits to those proficient in Powered Armor:
• Sensors provide +3 bonus to Listen and Spot
• Environmental Systems provide +3 bonus to Fortitide saves against environmental extremes and airborne toxins
• Special mobility features and rigging reduces the Armor Check Penalty for Climb to zero.
• Integrated Military Grade [Encrypted] Vocal Comlink provides hands-free communications
• Flip-down Scomp Link provides +2 bonus to called shots with linked weapons while stationary.
• Wrist-mounted Tactical Datapad and Military-grade Holoprojector/Recorder Comlink
ARC Troopers were supposed to be as close as someone could get to being a Jedi-like fighter without actually being one. To carry out the kinds of missions they were designed for, they needed more advanced armor that was still recognizable as that of a clone trooper. Originally, the only ones to wear the ARC armor were the Alpha-series clones, but other clones were later trained to emulate them as well as possible, then also called ARC troopers and allowed to don the armor for special missions.